About Recycled Furniture
Recycled Furniture is a family owned and operated business even to this day!
In our case we purchase late model, brand name, quality furniture from folks needing to sell their furniture and with some cleaning and/or minor repairs-Recycle it for “second time” use. Most of our stock is obtained from people leaving the state. Moving costs are so high, if often pays to sell here and buy there. Unfortunately some goods come as a result of divorce or estate settlements. We DO NOT buy worn out upholstery that requires recovering. When you purchase our merchandise, often the only clue it’s used is the price. (If you are curious about other aspects of our store, such as delivery or layaway click here.)
To combat the negative stereo type that Used Furniture conjures, we have adopted the following policy’s:
- Buying only quality merchandise (as available)
- Paying an amount that is fair to the seller and us.
- Offering a clean product, at a fair price, and revealing any “known” defects to a prospective customer.
- Offering a choice of rebuilt mattresses.
- Offering a choice of used mattresses (as available)
- Displaying and accessorizing our inventory so the customer can visualize it in their home.
- Operating in a manner that will encourage customers to not only return, but recommend us to their friends and neighbors.
- Making lay-away, and delivery available.
- Offering telephone estimates, email estimates and free in home appraisals.
History of Recycled Furniture, Reno
In 1988 Russ Walker opened and began operating the Recycled Furniture Store in Reno, Nevada. It was originally located in a smaller store front across and down the street from the current location. In 1992, the oldest used furniture store in Reno at the time closed (Elmer’s Furniture) and Recycled Furniture bought the inventory and moved into the current building. To give credit where it is due, the VERY FIRST Recycled Furniture Store began in Sparks, where Russ’s parent ran and operated it. When his parent semi-retired, the Sparks location was closed.